Union Public Service Commission 2020
Post Name :- Indian Forest Service (Mains) DAF II
Post Date :- 23.01.2020
Short Information :- The Rules for a competitive examination to be held by the Union Public
Service Commission in 2019 for the purpose of filling vacancies in the Indian Forest Service are published for general
1. Indian Forest Service Examination will be a two tier examination – a Preliminary screening Examination followed by a
main Written Examination and Interview. For screening suitable number of candidates for the 2nd stage of the
Examination to be named as Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, all candidates would be required to qualify Civil
Services (Preliminary) Examination (hereinafter called the Preliminary Examination).
Union Public Service Commission
Post of Indian Forest Service
Advt NOo- 05/2019-IFoS
Total Post :- 90
Vacancies Details :-
Indian Forest Service- 90
Who Can Apply :- All India Candidates.
Gender :- Both Male/female Apply.
Apply Mode :- Online
Apply Start Date :- 21.01.2020
Apply Last Date :- 28.01.2020
Application Fee :- Rs- 100/-(General/SEBC)
SC/ST/PwD :- No Fee.
Mode of Payment :- Online. Through SBI chalan/ UPI Payment/ Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
Website :- www.upsc.gov.in
Age Limit :-21 – 32 As on 01.08.2019
Qualification :- Bachelor Degree in Any Stream
Salary :- As per Govt rule
Selection Process :-
UPSC IFS Exam Selection Procedure: Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination selection process detailed are given below…
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
I. Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the screening & selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
II. Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates against the vacancies identified and reported for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
I. Preliminary Examination:
The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission, to the Main Examination.
Note I: Since there may be common candidates for Civil Services Examination and the Indian Forest Service Examination, after the common Screening Test done through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, separate lists will be prepared for the candidates eligible to appear in the Civil Service (Main) Examination and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, based on the number of vacancies to be filled through the Civil Services Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination.
II. Main Examination: The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination.
1. Written Examination: The written examination will consist of 6 papers of conventional essay type. Candidates, who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test. The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled.
2. Interview: The interview will carry 300 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks). Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
A. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION :
The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
(i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii) The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with
minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
(iii) The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
(iv) Details of the syllabi are indicated in Part A of Section III.
B. MAIN EXAMINATION:
(A) The written examination consisting of the following papers:—
Paper I—General English 300 Marks
Paper II—General Knowledge 300 Marks
Papers III, IV, V and VI.—Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects set out in para 2 below.
Each subject will have two papers.— 200 marks for each paper.
Note : Answer scripts of only those candidates who have obtained the minimum marks as decided by the Commission for
Paper II (General Knowledge) will be evaluated
Candidates Can Read The Notification Before Apply
Official Website :- Click Here
Download Advertisement :- Click Here
Apply Online:- Click Here
- IBPS Clerk Online Form 2022
- Advertisement for the Post of Junior Assistant 2022
- Western Railway Online Form 2022
- OSCSC Recruitment 2022
- ITBP Head Constable Recruitment 2022
- IIT Bhubaneswar Non-Teaching Staff Recruitment 2022
- Junior Clerk Post Recruitment 2022
- Odisha Block Level Govt Jobs 2022
- Gram Rozgar Sevak Recruitment 2022
- Data Assistant cum Accountant Recruitment 2022
- DRDO Chandipur Recruitment 2022
- Advertisement in District Judge Office 2022
- OUAT Young Professional Recruitment 2022
- OSSSC Combined Exam Results Declared
- Head Constable in Delhi Police Examination 2022